03.15.2019 | by Dave Johnson, Senior Pastor
On Sunday we’re kicking off a new five-week series based on Mark Batterson’s book, Chase the Lion. This series will be centered around 2 Samuel 23; the true story of an ancient warrior named Benaiah who chased a lion into a pit on a snowy day — then killed it! This series will also recount the miraculous stories of David’s other mighty men, and their exploits for the Kingdom of Israel. I’m praying that there will be an unleashing of faith and courage for all of us to identify, chase, and catch those dreams God has given us to reach the world.
Check out these key points in the next five messages:
- 2 Samuel 23:20-23 – the only way to tap your God-given potential, and to fulfill your God-ordained destiny; is to chase 500 pound lions.
- 2 Samuel 23:8 – we don’t die when our hearts stop beating. We die when our hearts stop skipping a beat in pursuit of our passions, when our hearts stop breaking for the things that break the heart of God.
- 2 Samuel 23:9-10 — Eleazar didn’t win the victory the day of the battle, but in his preparation beforehand. No one achieves his or her dream without daily disciplines.
- 2 Samuel 23:13-17 — in the grand scheme of God’s good, pleasing, and perfect will, eternal gain infinitely offsets earthly pain.
- 2 Samuel 23:39 — the key to dreaming big is thinking long. The bigger the dream, the longer the timeline. If you’re thinking in terms of eternity, you should have some dreams that can’t be accomplished in your lifetime.
For the next five weeks we’ll learn that with God, we don’t have to let our thinking be limited. By obeying Him, we let our growing faith push us to dream big. Leaning in ever closer to Him without fear or hesitation. It’s time to trust in our God, who allows us to accomplish things bigger than we could ever imagine!