Dave Johnson – Senior Pastor
Sunday, June 28, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUMMER SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our summer services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
- Who do you have in your life who you would describe as wise? What makes you characterize them as wise?
- When have you encountered “earthly wisdom”, that which is envious and selfishly ambitious? What was the result of that wisdom?
- Can you give an example of “pure” wisdom? When and in whom did you notice it?
- How have you used “wisdom” in antagonistic, inconsiderate or critical ways? What was behind the “wisdom”?
- Why is wisdom from above full of mercy and good fruit? What is behind it?
- In what ways are wisdom and humility connected to each other? Are they every separate? That is, can you think of a wise person who is proud? Or a fool who is humble?
Did you know we’re gathering in person again? Click the “CHURCH UPDATE!” title above to find out more!
KIDS! Are you ready to FOCUS on God this summer? This is a special “Out of the Box” VBS experience just for you! We hope you’ll join us July 13-15 from 6-8 p.m. We will send you a special kit and videos to make this at home experience super fun! Get a few neighbors together and sign up today on the Events page on the website. Spots are limited and registration closes July 1!
Are you looking for a way to help out locally? We are accepting donations for Minneapolis residents who were affected by the recent riots and fires through July. Click on the title above for a list of what’s needed. Donations can be dropped off at the church anytime between the glass doors.
River of Life’s Annual meeting has been delayed to Sunday, August 16. Time is TBD. We encourage all congregants to come to the meeting to stay informed, but you must be a member in order to vote on any issues for the next fiscal year or nominated overseers for the next term. If you would like a copy of our proposed budget for the next fiscal year, you may request one by emailing our Office Coordinator at Robin.Stoddard@rolmn.org.
ROL Kids is still happening! Join us Sunday mornings after service for weekly lessons, and check out our Facebook page @ROLKidsMin for even more fun, lessons and story times throughout the week!
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement, so Mon-Thurs we’re committed to have something positive for you to listen to! Drop in for Facebook Live at 9 a.m. or YouTube at lunchtime.
Church, we are asking you to set an alarm and pray everyday at noon. Pray for however long you’re able. The important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world. And for the Church around the world to be revived by God; to be His hands and feet!
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- REVIVAL! We want to see a Body of Christ that is growing and ON FIRE for the Kingdom of God! (This is a great time to pray for specific people you know who don’t know Jesus yet, and to ask Holy Spirit to lead you in conversation with them.)
- Unity in our cities, state, nation, and world.
- Godly justice for numerous injustices around the world, and a closing gap in racial divides.
- Peace, especially in the Body of Christ, but also for our leaders and communities.
- Wisdom, discernment and protection for our first responders, military, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, doctors, nurses and elected officials.
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $17,010
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: T-TH 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.