Dave Johnson & Josiah Davie
Senior Pastor & Guest Teacher
Sunday, July 12, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUMMER SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our summer services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
- Sunday Pastor Dave shared Josiah’s definition of worship: “Worship is the reaction to the revelation of who God is and what He has done. It is our heart’s response to Jesus.”
- What is God’s greatest revelation?
- Describe the kind of worship that moves you.
- Hebrews 12:28-29 reads “Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”
- Do you believe God’s Kingdom cannot be shaken? Why or why not?
- What does “God is a consuming fire” mean?
- When it comes to the “why” of worship, John 3:16 was noted: “For God so loved the world that He gave us His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life!”
- What is the best human illustration you can share about agape love (unconditional love)?
- Why is the “cross of Jesus Christ” the center of worship?
River of Life’s Annual meeting has been delayed to Sunday, August 16 immediately following service. We encourage all congregants to come to the meeting to stay informed, but you must be a member in order to vote on any issues for the next fiscal year or nominated overseers for the next term. If you would like a copy of our proposed budget for the next fiscal year, you may request one by emailing our Office Coordinator at Robin.Stoddard@rolmn.org.
Save the date! Sunday, September 13, we will be celebrating our annual Fall Kickoff with Baptisms & B.B.Q. immediately following service. Keep an eye out for more information coming soon and make sure to mark your calendar!
ROL Kids is still happening! Join us Sunday mornings after service for weekly lessons, and check out our Facebook page @ROLKidsMin for even more fun, lessons and story times throughout the week!
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement, so Mon-Thurs we’re committed to have something positive for you to listen to! Drop in for Facebook Live at 9 a.m. or YouTube at lunchtime.
Church, we are asking you to set an alarm and pray everyday at noon. Pray for however long you’re able. The important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world. And for the Church around the world to be revived by God; to be His hands and feet!
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- A revelation of who God is and what He’s done for you, your family, our church, and your community.
- Gratitude for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken. Spend time worshipping God, with reverence and awe, for who He is. (Hebrews 12:28-29)
- Pray specifically (by name) for those in your life who don’t yet know the Good News of the gospel. Ask the Lord to give you eyes to see them as He sees them, and a heart to love them as He loves them. Ask God for the words to speak to them, or that He would send someone in their path and sphere of influence to speak into them about Him and His unconditional love. “For God so loved the world that He gave us His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life!” -John 3:16
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $13,783
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: T-TH 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.