Dave Johnson & Josiah Davie
Senior Pastor & Guest Teacher
Sunday, July 26, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUMMER SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our summer services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
- In all honesty, when you worship God in a church setting, is your attitude, “What can I get out of this?” or “What can I give God?”
- Pagan worship is centered on our feelings and Christian worship is centered on our faith. Can you explain the difference?
- Read Matthew 27:45-54. What physical and spiritual manifestations resulted from Jesus’ death and resurrection? What does this say about what happens when we worship?
- Ok… drill down into the meaning of the “curtain being torn from top to bottom” when Jesus died on the cross (Matthew 27:51). Dang, you all… this is huge. Google Blue Letter Bible Commentaries and read David Guzik’s commentary on Matthew 27:45-54. How much of ourselves should we give God in our worship? What holds us back from giving God our whole hearts?
As many of you are aware, Governor Walz has put a statewide mask mandate into place, effective Saturday, July 25, 2020. Per Executive Order 20-81, masks are required in places of worship if we meet indoors, or if we are unable to maintain social distancing recommendations outdoors. Here is a link to the MN Dept of Health FAQ on Face Coverings for more clarification. Otherwise, please see the EO linked above.
*If you are exempt from wearing a mask, we will not ask any questions (per HIPAA laws) and will still welcome you in to worship with us without judgement.
River of Life’s Annual meeting will be on Sunday, August 16 immediately following service. We encourage all congregants to come to the meeting to stay informed, but you must be a member in order to vote on any issues presented. Two of the issues to note will be the two new overseers nominated for the board and the proposed budget for the next fiscal year:
- The overseer nominating team unanimously recommends Terry Brink and Scott Rothmeyer as new overseers to be approved by church members.
- If you would like a copy of our proposed budget for the next fiscal year, you may request one by emailing our office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Overseers will be available to answer questions on the proposed budget after services on August 2 and August 9.
Save the date! Sunday, September 13, we will be celebrating our annual Fall Kickoff with Baptisms & B.B.Q. immediately following service. Keep an eye out for more information coming soon and make sure to mark your calendar!
If you have recently decided to commit your life to Jesus Christ and are interested in being baptized on Sunday, September 13, click the BAPTISMS link above, fill out the form, and a staff member will reach out to you. We are excited to walk alongside you during this amazing new time in your faith journey!
ROL Kids is still happening! Join us Sunday mornings after service for weekly lessons, and check out our Facebook page @ROLKidsMin for even more fun, lessons and story times throughout the week!
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement, so Mon-Thurs we’re committed to have something positive for you to listen to! Drop in for Facebook Live at 9 a.m. or YouTube at lunchtime.
Church, we are asking you to set an alarm and pray everyday at noon. Pray for however long you’re able. The important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world. And for the Church around the world to be revived by God; to be His hands and feet!
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- A deeper revelation of God’s love for yourself, your family and the global Church body.
- Removal of doubt, unbelief and fear from the Church body on whole. For His everlasting, unmoving peace to replace and surpass any of the former things. Repent for any doubt, unbelief or fear that you may have been personally struggling with.
- Bigger faith, hope and assurance in what God is doing while we wait on Him to move.
- Provision in whatever ways you need it at the moment, and that same provision for our local, state and national leaders: Love, Hope, Peace, Financial, Patience, Strength, Faith, etc.
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $15,562
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: T-TH 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.