Dave Johnson & Josiah Davie
Senior Pastor & Guest Teacher
Sunday, August 9, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUMMER SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our summer services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
Sunday, Dave and Josiah talked a lot about how we are to worship out of relationship. In order to go below the surface and encounter God on a healthy relational level please talk about the following questions in your group:
1. How has God moved in your life?
2. When has He proven His goodness & faithfulness to you?
3. When have you seen His beauty…His glory…His wonder?
4. When has he stepped in and made Himself real to you?
5. When has He provided for you?
6. When has He freed you?
7. When has He brought you out of darkness?
River of Life’s Annual meeting will be on Sunday, August 16 immediately following service. We encourage all congregants to come to the meeting to stay informed, but you must be a member in order to vote on any issues presented. Two of the issues to note will be the two new overseers nominated for the board and the proposed budget for the next fiscal year:
- The overseer nominating team unanimously recommends Terry Brink and Scott Rothmeyer as new overseers to be approved by church members.
- If you would like a copy of our proposed budget for the next fiscal year, you may request one by emailing our office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Overseers will be available to answer questions on the proposed budget after services on August 2 and August 9.
Join us for our annual Fall KickOff event on Sunday, September 13! We will have an outdoor service (weather permitting) at 10 a.m. followed by baptisms, a BBQ and the football game. For lunch, ROL will be providing BBQ from a variety of vendors, mac & cheese, chips, ice cream treats, water, and juice boxes for the kiddos. Please bring your own lawn chair or blanket, your family, and any additional picnic foods your family would like.
RSVP by September 6. Please only fill out one form per family.
If you have recently decided to commit your life to Jesus Christ and are interested in being baptized on Sunday, September 13, click the BAPTISMS link above, fill out the form, and a staff member will reach out to you. We are excited to walk alongside you during this amazing new time in your faith journey!
We are looking for Children’s and Student’s Ministry volunteers for this Fall. If you are interested in serving this Fall, click on the button above, select the team you’d like to join, and fill out the interest form.
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement, so Mon-Thurs we’re committed to have something positive for you to listen to! Drop in for Facebook Live at 9 a.m. or YouTube at lunchtime.
Church, we are asking you to set an alarm and pray everyday at noon. Pray for however long you’re able. The important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world. And for the Church around the world to be revived by God; to be His hands and feet!
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- Thank and praise God for His promises to us in scripture (Ex. Romans 8:1-2, 15-16, 17), and pray from that position of authority as an heir with Christ and a member of God’s royal family.
- Confess and ask forgiveness for any specific sins or sin issues that Holy Spirit calls to your attention in your time of prayer.
- Pray for redemption for yourself, your loved ones, your community, and our government leaders.
- Declare triumph and praise in Jesus’ name: “Thank You for working on my behalf in all things and using even my trials and painful moments for Your purpose. Thank You for Your commitment to my character to make me like Christ. I surrender my life situations to You today and trust You to work them for my benefit. I trust You in all things today. I declare that I am more than a conqueror today. I will not just survive my life today, I will overcome and conquer. Thank You that You are for me and not against me and that You are willing to give me all things — whatever I need. Thank You that You will never stop loving me. Lord, may the people under my care recognize these truths today. May they feel the unconditional, unfailing love of God in their lives today. In Jesus’ name.”
- Pray for people in your life. Ask God to make them more than conquerors in what they are facing today. Pray specifically.
- Pray for pastors and missionaries by name. Ask God to make them to be more than conquerors in what they are facing today.
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $15,394
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: T-TH 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.