Dave Johnson & Josiah Davie
Senior Pastor & Guest Teacher
Sunday, August 23, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUMMER SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our summer services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
According to Psalm 95 we should worship God a certain way based on some of His specific attributes. Please go to Psalm 95 and use the following questions as a guide:
- Our worship is awe because God is great (vs. 1-5).
- What creation of God puts you in the “awe” mood?
- Our worship is love because God is our God (vs. 6-7a).
- Do you honestly feel God loves and cares for you? Please explain.
- Our worship is obedience because God is holy (vs. 7b-11).
- If one is walking in disobedience, can one still worship God in song and praise? Please explain.
ROL ANNUAL MEETING
River of Life’s Annual meeting was held on Sunday, August 16 and the two big issues that were voted on were as follows:
- Terry Brink and Scott Rothmeyer are the two new overseers on the overseer board. Lonny Berg has stepped down as treasurer after faithfully serving for two terms. Scott Lehner is the new treasurer on the overseer board.
- The proposed budget was approved by the congregation and is effective immediately. If you would like a copy of the budget, please email the church office at email@example.com.
MEN! Tomorrow, Monday, August 24, the Men’s Ministry will be hosting a Fish Fry right here at the church, under our big tent outside from 6-8 pm! There will be fish, coleslaw, beans and sandwiches served, a message by Pastor Dave, and an opportunity to hang out with the guys for a few hours. Make sure to bring your favorite lawn chair and your appetite!
Join us for our annual Fall KickOff event on Sunday, September 13! We will have an outdoor service (weather permitting) at 10 a.m. followed by baptisms, a BBQ and the football game. For lunch, ROL will be providing BBQ from a variety of vendors, mac & cheese, chips, ice cream treats, water, and juice boxes for the kiddos. Please bring your own lawn chair or blanket, your family, and any additional picnic foods your family would like.
RSVP by September 6. Please only fill out one form per family.
If you have recently decided to commit your life to Jesus Christ and are interested in being baptized on Sunday, September 13, click the BAPTISMS link above, fill out the form, and a staff member will reach out to you. We are excited to walk alongside you during this amazing new time in your faith journey!
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement, so Mon-Thurs we’re committed to have something positive for you to listen to! Drop in for Facebook Live at 9 a.m. or YouTube at lunchtime.
Church, we are asking you to set an alarm and pray everyday at noon. Pray for however long you’re able. The important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world. And for the Church around the world to be revived by God; to be His hands and feet!
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- Start by doing a confession of your specific sins (1 John 1:9).
- Afterward, ask God for forgiveness (Matthew 6:12), and then decide to receive His forgiveness.
- Next, ask God for a pure heart (Psalm 51:10).
- Finally, pour out your honest feelings about your circumstances (including anger, despair, hopelessness and more) to God (Psalm 142). For a helpful study, read Lamentations. You don’t have to be happy-go-lucky all the time to be close to God.
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $14,681
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: T-TH 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.