Dave Johnson – Senior Pastor
Sunday, October 4, 2020
WELCOME TO ROL SUNDAY MORNINGS!
Welcome to River of Life! We hope you feel at home with us. Our services are held outside at River of Life Church at 10 a.m. We also have an online service that is streamed at 10 a.m. and available online afterward. Our services last about an hour and include a time of worship and teaching from the Bible.
Our Bulletins are interactive: click on a title to see more.
SERMON QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Think about a time when you were searching for God’s will. What was going on? What emotions were you experiencing? What was happening with your faith?
- When have you experienced God’s providential will in your life? How did it feel to pray, “Thy will be done.” and to know it would be…regardless?
- Talk about a time when you struggled with obedience to God’s moral will. What did God want you to do that you were not willing to do? What happened with your faith during that time? To your relationship with God?
- Talk about a time when you were clear on God’s personal will for you. Was it empowering to know? How easy was it to follow through on?
- Talk with each other about the statement, “Enlightenment follows surrender.” Which one comes easier to you? What would it mean for you to surrender to God today?
WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS FALL:
For the Fall months, we will continue meeting at 10 a.m. outside, weather permitting, until further notice. We’re having some construction done in the sanctuary and are unsure of the timeline at this point. When construction and renovations are completed, we’ll move back inside and resume our 9 & 10:45 a.m. service times. Thank you for your flexibility and grace in this time!
ROL kids is now meeting inside at 10 a.m. for regular programming. When we move back inside to our 9 & 10:45 a.m. services, we will only have kids programming at 9 a.m.
We invite ALL students, grades pre-K through 12, to join us every Wednesday starting at 6:30 p.m. for service! Grades 6-12 are welcome to come and hangout outside at 5:45 p.m. before service begins.
If you’re grieving the loss of a loved one or experiencing the pain of separation or divorce, we want to encourage you to join us on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for Divorce Care or Grief Share. For more info, visit the link above.
Small groups are meeting again! For more information, or to sign up to be part of a group, you may visit our small groups page online using the link above.
Men’s ministry is meeting at the church for Bible study on Monday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Thursday mornings at 5:30 a.m. For more information, click on the link above.
Women’s Ministry will begin meeting on October 5 on Monday evenings at the church from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for a study on the book of Malachi. For more information, click on the link above.
You don’t want to miss out on this essential equipping class that Alice Sharping will be teaching on Hearing God’s Voice on Tuesday, October 6, 13, 27 and November 10 from 7-8:30 p.m. This class will go hand-in-hand with our current Sunday series, “Questions I’ve Always Wanted To Ask God.” Childcare will not be provided.
Our next baby/child dedication service will be on Sunday, October 18. If you are interested in dedicating your child, please sign up using the link above.
We are gearing up for our Annual Serve Week this October, so make sure to mark your calendars from October 19-24 and be on the lookout for more information on social media and the website this week! We are looking forward to showing our communities the love that God has shown us.
If you need assistance in any form, or if you would like to help someone in need, please visit ROLMN.ORG and click on the COVID-19 button.
Weekly Budgeted Giving: $20,000
Last Sunday’s Giving: $17,241
21695 Elk Lake Road, Elk River, MN 55330
763-441-7527 | Office Hours: M-TH 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.