What is a Small Group?
At River of Life we believe that transformation happens in circles not rows. That is what small groups are all about; where life on life, authentic faith is carried out. Small groups typically consist of 12 to 18 people meeting in homes. They meet in locations throughout our area and on various nights of the week. Each group varies on meeting length, child care, food and start time.
Kingdom Mindset Series Questions to Consider:
WEEK 1 (October 6): KINGDOM MINDSET
- What is Kingdom Mindset?
- Discuss what having a Kingdom Mindset means to you.
- What kinds of thoughts, beliefs, or wounds keep you from being “two feet” in God’s Kingdom?
- What has happened in your life to cause you to rely on yourself or the “world” instead?
- Which areas of your life would be different if you would surrender your whole mind, heart and soul to God?
- Explain exactly what would cause you to not trust God with certain areas of your life; areas in which it might be difficult for you to completely submit to God’s will (ex. career, marriage, money, children).
- If you believe you are wholly committed to God with your faith, in what ways are you being challenged to think like God thinks, to behave in a way that is Christ-like or to become more observant and obedient to how the Holy Spirit is leading you on a daily basis?
WEEK 2 (October 13): ESTABLISHING A KINGDOM CULTURE
- What are Kingdom Values?
- Pastor Dave talked about the power of culture and how “Culture eats strategy for lunch!” Discuss the healthiness or unhealthiness of your work or school culture.
- Those of you who are fully following Jesus, why do you do so?
- And, how do you keep on following Him in the midst of the good and bad of life?
- What or who is holding you back from fully following Jesus and His ways?
- How do you keep Kingdom of God values over worldly kingdom values?
WEEK 3 (October 20): THE KINGDOM IS A MYSTERY
- This message centers on the Mystery of God’s Kingdom. The first point is drawn from 1 Corinthians 2:1-5, “The Citizens of the King have a REAL RELATIONSHIP with the King and other citizens.” What are some of the words that describe a real relationship?
- The second point focuses on God, our King, being the mystery! Look up Isaiah 55:8-9 & 64:8. Why is it a good God thing is a mystery?
- The third point: We cannot DISCOVER the deep things of God. The deep things of God come by REVELATION for us to RECEIVE. Look up Daniel 2:19; 2:28 & 2:47. What are the things we can discover about God? What are some of the things we cannot discover about God, but can only be revealed to us by God?
- The fourth point: The Holy Spirit literally gives kingdom citizens new vocabulary to impart spiritual truths to other Kingdom citizens. According to Acts 4:36, Barnabus was known as “The son of encouragement.” Look up Acts 15:36-41. What “spiritual truth” do you think Barnabus said to Paul and John Mark?
- The fifth point: By way of the Holy Spirit, Kingdom citizens have the mind of the King (1 Corinthians 2:16)! Read Philippians 2:5-11. As citizens of the King, why do we struggle with accepting and believing our new identity in Christ?
WEEK 4 (October 27): HOW TO THINK LIKE GOD THINKS
WEEK 5 (November 3): DETOX YOUR MIND
WEEK 6 (November 10): HOW TO RECEIVE THE KINGDOM
WEEK 7 (November 17): BE STILL, BE HEALED
WEEK 8 (November 24): THE KINGDOM HERE ON EARTH