ROL Annual Meeting
River of Life’s Annual meeting will be on Sunday, August 16 immediately following service. We encourage all congregants to come to the meeting to stay informed, but you must be a member in order to vote on any issues presented. Two of the issues to note will be the two new overseers nominated for the board and the proposed budget for the next fiscal year:
- The overseer nominating team unanimously recommends Terry Brink and Scott Rothmeyer as new overseers to be approved by church members.
- If you would like a copy of our proposed budget for the next fiscal year, you may request one by emailing our office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Overseers will be available to answer questions on the proposed budget after services on August 2 and August 9.
We will have an outdoor service (weather permitting) at 10 a.m. followed by baptisms, a BBQ and the football game. For lunch, ROL will be providing BBQ from a variety of vendors, mac & cheese, chips, ice cream treats, water, and juice boxes for the kiddos. Please bring your own lawn chair or blanket, your family, and any additional picnic foods your family would like.
Click the link below to RSVP by September 6.
Please only fill out one form per family.
If you have recently decided to commit your life to Jesus Christ and are interested in being baptized on Sunday, September 13, please sign up below and a staff member will reach out to you. We are excited to walk alongside you during this amazing new time in your faith journey!
Daily Devos with Dave
During this time with all the negative news, we could all use a little encouragement. Drop in on our YouTube channel Monday-Thursday at lunchtime to hear something positive! And make sure to subscribe to our channel while you’re there so you don’t miss out on any of our future videos.
Noon Prayer Time
Did you know that you can partner with us in prayer everyday at noon? Pray as long as you are able; the important part is we cry out to God everyday, as one voice, at the noon hour for God’s ways to be set loose in our church, families, leaders, city, state, nation and world.
Some of the particular things that we can pray for as a church this week are:
- Thank God for His abundance of grace and peace in Jesus Christ and choose to walk in that sufficient grace and fully receive His prevailing peace.
- Pray for greater faith for yourself and for other believers by name.
- Confess any sin or sin issue that Holy Spirit reveals to you and ask for forgiveness. (Be specific)
- Pray for intimacy with Christ and ask for a greater awareness of His presence. Take a moment to listen for the prompting of what Holy Spirit is saying to you.
- Pray for the unshakeable qualities of the Lord in your life: self-control, patience, Godliness, kindness, and love, and ask God how He wants you to demonstrate these qualities today and this week.
- Pray for specific needs for yourself and those around you.
- Praise God that He is the Great I AM, your solid rock, never changing, the same yesterday, today and forever.